Yes, Wei

I think I am still bummed Dick Wei was a peripheral Venom member and not in the original team. His acting and weapons skills grew rapidly between 1976 and 1978...and I just adore his SB appearances.

There is no denying  he kicked and punched his way into fans' hearts with his post SB work with Sammo and Jackie, but I prefer his Shaws content for the reason he got to be a variety of characters and not just the seminal big bad of Hong Kong cinema.

Anyway, was reminded of my fondness last night in revisiting The Kid with a Tattoo.

Here's a subtle image manip from the terrific fight between Wei's cop and Yuen Wah's assassin.


Yours Respectfully,

Lady J.

The Kid with a Tattoo is available digitally through iTunes * Amazon Prime


Legalese: All images copyright Celestial Pictures and their respective owners. No infringement is intended or presumed. We encourage you to seek out these films through official channels. *

Comments

  1. I am wonder which main Venom he should have replaced? Interesting thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lo Meng, or dare, I say it, Sun Chien (who is my 2nd fave after Lu.) Lo because Wei was often cast as righteous heroes who died and for his hand-to-hand strength. And Sun? Both Sun and Wei are practioners of Tae Kwon Dao, though Sun has the edge acting-wise; but Wei is the stronger fighter.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Yang De-The Sixth Student

The Centipede-The Deadliest Venom

Antidote: The remorseful elders of the Venoms House